Don’t you just hate the moment when you are expected to rush out of your beautiful home in 10 minutes or so and find yourself clueless about which necklace to par with different necklines? Indeed, there is always a catch! But there is nothing to worry about as pairing the perfect necklace with different necklines is an art and today we’re going to master it.
For starters, you need to first keep the neckline in mind when it comes to choosing the right necklace for an occasion.
Before you start searching for the best necklace to wear, you need to consider the neckline first as some necklaces look good with that black turtleneck top, and some may look better with your office shirt. To make the best choice, you need to consider important elements like your hairstyle, the length of the necklace, the outfit’s colour and design, the makeup of the day, and the necklace’s colour.
It is equally important for you to remember that the necklace-neckline talks should never force to sacrifice your choices or make you end up doing a compromise of your fashion statement.
Let us now move our focus to different types of neck designs and patterns.
- V Neck: It is unarguably a matchymatchy area. You can wear your necklace in a similar triangular V-shape that ends just above your neckline.
- Scoop Necks: They pair best with broader necklaces with volume and layers.
- Boat Neck: It is best to pair boat neck with longer thin necklaces or pendants that reach just above the waist.
- Sweetheart neck: A wide round necklace that covers the bare skin looks stunning.
- Round neck: The lower the neckline, the shorter the necklace and the higher the neckline, the longer the necklace.
- Turtle neck: It looks good with longer chain style necklaces.
- Plunging neckline: It is best not to take the attention away from the bare skin and exposed cleavage. You should instead opt for heavy earrings.
- Ballet neck: It goes well with necklaces that tend to follow the neckline’s shape.
Types of Necklaces
- Princess Necklace: This necklace is between 18-20 inches long and rest on the collarbone nicely falling below the neck. The Princess Necklace works well with pendants and diamonds.
- Choker: Chokers fit high on the neck and are considered to be the shortest length necklaces of between 14-16 inches.
- Opera Necklace: This necklace can be worn as a single or a double strand over clothing. It has a length of about 26-36 inches and rest around the breastbone.
- Matinee: A versatile necklace, it has a length of about 23-23 inches and rest at the bustline.
- Bib necklace: With multiple beaded layers, Bib necklaces has a grandeur appearance and sits higher above the Princess Necklace.
- Rope Necklace: Longer than the opera necklace, Rope Necklaces usually rest on the belly buttons. Made of beads or chains, this necklace is shorter than the lariat and has a clasp.
Perfect Necklaces with different necklines
Halter neck with a Triangle Pendant
If you want to create a mesmerising impression, you should try a triangle-shaped necklace that points down from the face and pair it with the halter neck.
Crew Neckline with a Bib or Collar Necklace
Considered by many as the most unassuming neckline, Crew Neckline is best complemented with a collar or bib as the curved neckline enhances the shape of rounder necklaces.
Tube Top with Choker
Want to keep things minimal yet sophisticated at the same time? Try pairing a simple choker with your tube top. The tube top’s straight line cut is ideal to show off the beautiful choker’s simplicity and elongate your alluring neckline.
Turtleneck with a Long Chain or Pendant
This simple yet highly elegant and sophisticated pairing would help you elongate your neck in a understated and simple way.
Collar or Bib necklaces for collared shirts
If you are looking for a perfect necklace and vintage & antique jewellery to go with your fully-buttoned shirts, bib and collared necklaces would be an excellent choice. These necklaces can be easily looped around your collar in such a way that they will peek out the front. On the other hand, a collar necklace may be the right choice if you don’t prefer your shirts fully buttoned and want to tuck the necklace inside the shirt.
Button up with statement necklace
If you want to add a layer of elegance to your outfit and overall appearance, you just cannot miss out on this amazing pairing. A perfect combination of powerful statement and subtle elegance, this will make you the centre of attraction at any social gathering.
We hope these tips on how to pair the perfect necklaces with different necklines was useful to you in more than a way. It’s now time to shop out for some beautiful necklaces. Happy pairing!Paired Necklaces